The Co-Op Farm is a community project dedicated to combating community deterioration in Big Bend.
Our goals are:
- To educate ourselves and the public and sustainable agriculture and permaculture techniques
- To provide jobs, training and internships to local residents
- To provide locally grown food to our wider community
- To raise funds in order to sustain our operations and fund future projects
- To steward agricultural land for future community use
The Farm is currently comprised of an half acre fenced garden space located along Big Bend Road. We are experimenting with different kinds of gardening techniques. We aim to create an educational curriculum, a surplus of fresh and preserved food, and an amazing volunteer network of gardening enthusiasts.
Some of our main focuses are:
- Soil Building
- Raised Bed Gardening
- Straw Bale Gardening